Can you make rest API calls to the demo site?

Brady Chambers March 28, 2016

I have created a username and password and want to know if I can make rest calls to the JIRA demo site.

https://jira.atlassian.com/

I should add that I am able to call the rest api to our companies own site.  But I cannot to the demo site using the same methods.  I wanted to document / write an article and wanted to utilize the demo site for examples.

3 answers

0 votes
Brady Chambers March 29, 2016

I get a permission denied/unauthorized error when I use basic auth just like I do when I connect to my server.  I wonder if they have not turned on / allowed rest api calls to their site.  

Brady

<html>
<head>
<title>Unauthorized (401)</title>
<!--[if IE]>
<![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript">var contextPath = '';</script>
<script>
window.WRM=window.WRM||{};window.WRM._unparsedData=window.WRM._unparsedData||{};window.WRM._unparsedErrors=window.WRM._unparsedErrors||{};
WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path.context-path"]="\"\"";
WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-rest:web-resource-manager.resource-base-url-pattern"]="\"(?:(?:/s/.*?/_)?/download)\"";
WRM._unparsedData["jira.webresources:feature-flags.feature-flag-data"]="{\"enabled-feature-keys\":[\"jira.plugin.devstatus\",\"com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.search.UserListResolver.getShareCount.disabled\",\"nps.survey.inline.dialog\",\"jira.frother.reporter.field\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo\",\"atlassian.rest.xsrf.legacy.enabled\",\"jira.issue.status.lozenge\",\"com.atlassian.jira.projects.issuenavigator\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.labs\",\"jira.onboarding.feature.disabled\",\"com.atlassian.jira.config.PDL\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo.enabled\",\"atlassian.aui.raphael.disabled\",\"com.atlassian.greenhopper.reporting\

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

A lot in https://jira.atlassian.com/ is visible/accessible for everyone (in read only mode) and JIRA REST API is also enabled, however in most cases the usage is restricted to "view-only" mode, as Jobin has mentioned

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

jira.atlassian.com is not a demo site. But yeah, you can surely use REST APIs with it. You might not have permissions to use all the APIs though!

Suggest an answer