Can you make rest API calls to the demo site?

I have created a username and password and want to know if I can make rest calls to the JIRA demo site.

https://jira.atlassian.com/

I should add that I am able to call the rest api to our companies own site.  But I cannot to the demo site using the same methods.  I wanted to document / write an article and wanted to utilize the demo site for examples.

3 answers

0 votes

jira.atlassian.com is not a demo site. But yeah, you can surely use REST APIs with it. You might not have permissions to use all the APIs though!

A lot in https://jira.atlassian.com/ is visible/accessible for everyone (in read only mode) and JIRA REST API is also enabled, however in most cases the usage is restricted to "view-only" mode, as Jobin has mentioned

I get a permission denied/unauthorized error when I use basic auth just like I do when I connect to my server.  I wonder if they have not turned on / allowed rest api calls to their site.  

Brady

<html>
<head>
<title>Unauthorized (401)</title>
<!--[if IE]>
<![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript">var contextPath = '';</script>
<script>
window.WRM=window.WRM||{};window.WRM._unparsedData=window.WRM._unparsedData||{};window.WRM._unparsedErrors=window.WRM._unparsedErrors||{};
WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path.context-path"]="\"\"";
WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-rest:web-resource-manager.resource-base-url-pattern"]="\"(?:(?:/s/.*?/_)?/download)\"";
WRM._unparsedData["jira.webresources:feature-flags.feature-flag-data"]="{\"enabled-feature-keys\":[\"jira.plugin.devstatus\",\"com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.search.UserListResolver.getShareCount.disabled\",\"nps.survey.inline.dialog\",\"jira.frother.reporter.field\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo\",\"atlassian.rest.xsrf.legacy.enabled\",\"jira.issue.status.lozenge\",\"com.atlassian.jira.projects.issuenavigator\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.labs\",\"jira.onboarding.feature.disabled\",\"com.atlassian.jira.config.PDL\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo.enabled\",\"atlassian.aui.raphael.disabled\",\"com.atlassian.greenhopper.reporting\

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

391 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot