Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you configure boards for business projects?

Seems like documentation says that boards for business projects are based on workflows. Is there an ability to configure a business project board so that issues show more details? I created a board under my profile but it seems that I am unable to move it to the project because the location dropdown only shows software projects, not business projects. 

2 answers

We cannot create a board directly for a Business type project. But JIRA allows to create a Kanban Board externally outside the project and set it up using a JQL of issues in this project.

You can add a Project shortcut link in Project Slidebar of the new Kanban Board and use it.

can you explain this, i am new to Jira. I don't know how to set an operations board with your explanation 

You will need to explain what you mean by "operations board", and whether you have Jira Software or not?

our team uses Jira software and confluence, I wanted to create a business project for my operations team, I find it difficult to understand how to create a board outside of the project and link it through JQL. 

it will be great if you could help me understand how the set up of the business boards work

0 votes

Business boards do not have any configuration options.  If you've got Software, you can, as Mahesh says, include a business project in a board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,998 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you