Can we lock tasks from being edited if it has a particular status/ resolution?

As it mentions in the question line, is it possible to lock a task from being edited once it has it's resolution marked as done, or sits within the 'final' status? 

Additionally, if it is possible, can we make it so that there is differing permission schemes for that, i.e: any user can't do it, but an administrator could?

2 answers

2 votes

You can apply a "jira.issue.editable = false" workflow property on status in the workflow.  It's not a permission scheme, but you can also say "but group X still can"

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

How exactly can you exclude a group from being affected by the "jira.issue.editable = false" property?

The doc covers it.  I can't remember the key off the top of my head, but to allow some access, you don't block "edit", you use a permission property to say "only group X"

Oh, I found it:

jira.permission.edit.group=jira-administrators

Thanks smile

0 vote

Just to complement Nic's correct information, if you do not know how to set a property follow these steps:

1. Find the workflow of the project you want to modify and click on Edit.
  2. In the Diagram mode, click on the status you want to apply the property.
    A panel will be shown on the right side. 
  3. Click on the 'Properties' link from the panel.
    A new tab will be opened by your browser. 
  4. In the tab, fill in the fields:
    Property Key: jira.permission.edit.group
    Property Value: jira-administrators
  5. Click on 'Add' button.
  6. Close the tab.
  7. From the Diagram edit view, click on the 'Publish Draft' button to save your changes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you