Can Jira prompt assigned user to move issue status to "In Progress"?

abrownsmart April 20, 2016

It would be useful for the assigned user to be asked to move an issue to "In Progress" whenever he reviews the issue.  So many times, I forget to do this and am many hours into the work.

The dialog could also provide a checkbox for a "Stop asking me this question for this issue" option to turn off that prompt for the particular issue.  Also, the question could only be asked if it hasn't been asked in the last hour and if the user scrolled the page (is that possible to do?).

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

I'd suggest to create a filter with the issues you would like to be reminded of to transition, ie:

status = "To Do" and assignee = currentUser() and labels != stop

Once you had saved the filter, you can subscribe to it so that you receive email reminders with the list of those issues as frequently as you want to (ie: once per hour).

If you want to stop receiving reminders from certain issue, you can do so by adding to it the label 'stop'.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

How can JIRA will know you have finished reviewing an issue? Like, showing a dialog box after X minutes when an issue is on the browser? I don't see a native feature in JIRA for this. A javascript can do that actually (but you're in the Cloud). Try submitting a new "Feature" in jira.atlassian.com but I guess it won't gain any traction (IMHO).

abrownsmart April 20, 2016

Would love to submit a feature request.  Was trying to do that actually.  Don't see a clear way to do that at jira.atlassian.com.

I don't expect JIRA to know when I am done reviewing an issue.  That's why I suggested that it could ask.  And that could be annoying for some people, so maybe this could be something you have to turn on for your account.  But, as I am always forgetting to move issues into progress, it would help me.  It seems, like Jira, I too do not know when I am done reviewing an issue.

Deleted user April 21, 2016

From the System dashboard:

• If you have a bug or feature request to report, please perform a quick search for the issue. If it isn't found, then log in and create an issue in the appropriate project. Please seeHow we choose what to implement.

If you want to add a request, look at the top of the board for the "Create" button. There is also a Create link in the Quick links section on the right. Remember you will need to be logged in.

Note: this is a JIRA dash board, so it works just like yours!

Suggest an answer