Can I set up an auto reindex

4 answers

1 accepted

No and there are should not be need for this. Re-index is heavy operation and you are expected to run it manually only when somehow the index was broken. All other times the issues are automatically re-indexed when you add/change/delete them.

Hello Kay,

You can create a groovy script to start the reindex process, save it, create a service add the script and set it up to run at a certain time.

I accept your answer.

However, the reason we need to do it as we have on-going problems with the Epic link being populated into subtasks on auto create of subtasks. We are on an older version so hopefully this problem is resolved in the newer version when we upgrade shortly.

Also, re-indexing is not actually that long a job on our system.

>  Epic link being populated into subtasks on auto create of subtasks

Sounds like some custom logic/addon and I guess that the problem is in the custom code.

Kay, have you looked into Curl, you can schedule reindexing via curl and windows scheduler.

I agree with Kay - my reindex takes over 1 hour due to the sheer size of our platform.  I have to say i get a little tired of the Atlassian Point of View that says i must do this manually, in my own time out of hours on a platform with a number of homeworkers and international staff who want a lot of access hours.

This forces me to sit up at 10pm at night and hang around. That's a little ridiculous. I should be able to set something on the working day that will trigger it at Xhours and just leave a system banner to communicate that it will be coming down later.

Atlassian have said they want to be considered *an enterprise scale tool*, but these residual  "small system" mentality failings that are becoming a blocker for us.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

78 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you