Can I set up an auto reindex

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach Community Champion Jan 11, 2017

No and there are should not be need for this. Re-index is heavy operation and you are expected to run it manually only when somehow the index was broken. All other times the issues are automatically re-indexed when you add/change/delete them.

Hello Kay,

You can create a groovy script to start the reindex process, save it, create a service add the script and set it up to run at a certain time.

I accept your answer.

However, the reason we need to do it as we have on-going problems with the Epic link being populated into subtasks on auto create of subtasks. We are on an older version so hopefully this problem is resolved in the newer version when we upgrade shortly.

Also, re-indexing is not actually that long a job on our system.

Volodymyr Krupach Community Champion Jan 11, 2017

>  Epic link being populated into subtasks on auto create of subtasks

Sounds like some custom logic/addon and I guess that the problem is in the custom code.

Kay, have you looked into Curl, you can schedule reindexing via curl and windows scheduler.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

661 views 4 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot