Can I create sub tasks from source task?

Heinz Erhard March 9, 2016

This is my plan:

I want to create a board where all our users can create tasks. Most certainly, a task must be divided by our department into a number of steps (=sub tasks) necessary to accomplish that task.

Is this possible with Jira?

This is supposed to be the two board layouts:

(a)     Suggestion    |   Analysis   |   In Progress   |   UAT   |   Deployment   |   Done

(b)     Analysis   |   In Progress   |   Done

[a = main task, b = sub task]

All our users are supposed to add tasks to the Suggestion column of the main board (a). We are then supposed to create action items (sub tasks) from these suggestions on board (b).

As soon as all sub tasks are moved to "Done", the main task is supposed to automatically be moved from "In Progress" to "UAT". When any of the sub tasks is moved back to "In Progress", the main task is supposed to be automatically moved back to "In Progress".

So here's the summary of my questions:

• Can I create a number of sub tasks related to a "main" task and have a second board available for them?
  • Is it possible to have the states of the "main" task be automatically moved between states by creating a logic that's evaluating a task's sub tasks?

Thanks for enlightening me!

3 answers

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

This is a misprint. You need to download an ScrptRunner plugin to use it.

0 votes
Heinz Erhard March 10, 2016

Sounds good to me. Yet, the link you provided doesn't work. It looks like it's an intranet address. Would you have a public web address for me?

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

You could use a condition "All sub-tasks must be resolved" provided by ScriptRunner Plugin or write some code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events