Bulk Update Permissions??

Jason Mueller February 5, 2017

For the love of all that is sane, logical & time-saving, why is there no bulk-update functionality for Users/Groups in JIRA Cloud??

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2017

Bulk Change is a global permission you will find here:

https://<YOURS>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

You can also navigate to that page by clicking on the cog icon > System > Global permissions.

Thank you for your response Ignacio, but I must clarify my question, as that only addresses bulk updating issues, not users within groups. I cannot find a way to bulk update users to- or from- groups in Atlassian Cloud. A simple checkbox would be sufficient. Yet they don't even provide a checkbox for modifying users in a group. Groups usually have hundreds of users...thousands. For what reason was it determined for Jira/Confluence Cloud that checkboxes with a "Select All" option was not an important design feature?

Omitting basic checkboxes for selecting/moving Users to and from Groups is simply offensive in a product as well-known and profitable like Jira/Confluence Cloud. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2017

There's no such a functionality in cloud's User Management, and I agree that it can be improved, as you've suggested.

I appreciate the update, thank you for responding.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2017

One response I've had to this problem is "you should be using roles"

That's a Microsoft answer to my mind - technically correct, as you should use roles instead of groups where ever possible, but also useless as role management is just as bulk-change unfriendly.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

JFM, you may raise a new feature request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/ID/issues

Suggest an answer