Bug with Structure plugin

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hi All

I identified a bug with Structure plugin (Structure plugin version 2.7.0, jira: 6.1)  and want to know if there is a workaround.

I have acustom field say "root cause" restricted to project X

now when i try to add columns to a structure for a project Y, structure makes this field root cause available for me to add.

This should not be the case as i have restricted the contect of custom field  "root cause"  to project X

Is there any workaround to this?

Rahul

3 answers

1 vote
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hello Rahul,

Thank you for your question. Currently there is no way to limit each specific structure to one project. If project X is enabled for the structure plugin in general (https://wiki.almworks.com/x/MQBg), its fields will be visible in any structure.

Could you please provide some more details on the use case? Why would you want to hide the fields for specific structures? If you want to use some structure for project Y only, then the field will be empty anyway so there is no sense to add it. 

Thanks,

Eugene (ALM Works)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

Hello Victoria,

The columns provided by Structure.Testy are different from the ones created for standard JIRA fields and they are stored in Structure database. My guess is that they are not lost, but just hidden from the view you are currently seeing.

You can modify views by adding and removing columns and then save the views you want to reuse later. You can also set a view as a default view for some structure. Please find more details on this here:

https://wiki.almworks.com/x/6wqf

To add the test run that you cannot see now please try adding the Exiting Text run column and check if the test run that has disappeared is listed among available views:

https://wiki.almworks.com/display/strtesty/User+Guide#UserGuide-ChoosinganExistingTestRun

If this doesn't help, please contact us at support@almworks.com or Post support request and we'll investigate this further.

Kind regards,

Eugene (ALM Works)

Viktoria March 1, 2016

Thank you, Eugene!

Your advice about adding the Exiting Text run is working. I returned all data)

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016

Perfect! Thanks for confirming!

0 votes
Viktoria February 29, 2016

Hello!

I created several structures and used them as check-list for tests. But when I made change in one of them, I lost data from another one. It was results from column Test Run. 

How and why I now use this plug-in, if information will be lost?

Thanks. 

Suggest an answer