Blocking of Auto sub-task creation if subtask in parent with same summary already exists?

Tracey Ryan September 17, 2017

I have set up auto-sub task creation using post functions on a couple of transitions in our workflow. However, I our workflow can go back and forth between stages, and therefore i only want the sub-tasks to create the first time it gets transitioned.

Is there a script that i can use in the condition section of the post-script auto-sub task function that will only create the sub-task if a sub-task with the same summary doesn’t already exist on the Parent?  If it does exist, then the sub task wont’ create, but if sub-task doesn’t already exist, then it will create.

thanks

Tracey

2 answers

0 votes
siva June 28, 2021

Hello i know this is old post but i am facing same issue, 

sub task wont’ create, but if sub-task doesn’t already exist, then it will create.

Can you please help me with this script

Thanks,

Siva.

Tracey Ryan June 28, 2021

Hi

I"ve added the below script into the create a sub-task post function code editor condition. You'd need to update 'manage onboarding' to be the relevant summary of the sub task that you don't want to re-create if the same summary exists. 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def subtasks = issue.subTaskObjects

if(subtasks.find{it.summary == "Manage Onboarding"})

{

return false

}

else

{

return true

}

Like siva likes this
siva June 28, 2021

Hi @Tracey Ryan thanks for the responce,

It work's for me.

Thanks,

Siva

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

You will need to add a condition on your subtask creation workflow postfunction.

The condition may look like below

(PLEASE NOTE : THIS IS NOT  A WORKING SCRIPT JUST FOR YOUR REFERENCE , I have not tested this , it may or may not work . Please try on your test instance)

for( def subtask in issue.subTaskObjects){
if(subtask.summary == "your summary")
return false
}

Tracey Ryan September 18, 2017

thanks Mizan - yeah i know i need a condition but not sure how to write the script. I tried your example above but it didn't work. It blocks the sub-task from creating at all on the transition, even if one doesn't exist already.  hopefully someone has been able to do this successfully and can provide the exact script. 

thanks for your help. 

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

All the best :)

siva June 28, 2021

Hello @Tracey Ryan  i know this is old post but i am facing same issue, 

sub task wont’ create, but if sub-task doesn’t already exist, then it will create.

Can you please help me with this if you got any script to resolve this

Thanks,

Siva.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events