Behaviours: Field dependent on several other fields

Peter Friberg January 25, 2017

I have a use case, in a transition screen, where I need to calculate "priority points" based on the input in several other single select fields. When a value has changed in a select list field, the value must be updated in the field that shows the "priority points".

It would be possible with one behaviour script per select list field, but it would be messy because combinations of values generates different "priority points". I would really prefer one script.
Is this possible? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2017

Hi Peter,

I think you answered your own question, you must have on script per field that it will trigger when the field's value changes. I suppose, if is not important to calculate the priority points in the transition screen, you could go with a post function ? 

regards, Thanos

Peter Friberg January 26, 2017

OK, It may be possible to put attach generic script to several fields.
Postfunction will not do. It's a requirement that the user must see how the "Priority points" changes based on which options are selected. 

Suggest an answer