Behaviors issue type server side script behavior

Ian Bantilan June 13, 2017

I want to capture the event in a serverside script when a user switches issue type in the create issue screen. When a user does this i want to reset some field values, set default field values..etc.

We also have field templates (e.g Description template) for each issue type. When a user submits form for issue creation, the data entered is reset when validation fails.

How to combine these two behaviors using behaviors script..

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Hi Ian. 

Before I go to an instance to try this out, I want to be sure I fully understand what you want to do. I understand that all of this is to be carried out in the Edit Issue Dialog.

1. You want to reset a number of fields everytime a user changes the Issue Type.

2. You want to reset some fields in case validation for the creation of the issue fails.

If you can give me a precise example with what you want that'd be helpful, since I actually want to go into an instance and get this behaviour for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer