Autocomplete fields based on dropdown selection in JIRA 7.1.7

I am looking to find a solution that will allow fields within a JIRA ticket to be auto populated based upon dropdown selections when creating the ticket. I have some experience with administering JIRA but no development skills, so creating a plug-in is not an option for me. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I need to get something in place quickly in order to meet a new business proposition.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Nov 21, 2016

You could try using ScriptRunnerPlugin. It allow to create script without plugin creation.

Namely you need script post-function.

Behaviours in the Script Runner would let you set pre-selected values.  Post-functions would let you easily calculate a desired value and set it after the user commits a change.  So, yes, Script Runner is probably the easy solution either way (and you'll find it's got other uses)

Thanks. I have set up a custom script post function, but it fails to run. I'm getting an error on the last line of the script. Any help would be appreciated.

image2016-11-22 17:5:16.png

In line 14, value is going to contain rubbish, because you're trying to fetch a custom field object as though it's an integer.  That will break total on line 15, and then that can't be posted in 16.

You'll also find the same problem in 8 - you need the value of a field, not the field.

Try something like

def cf0 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject ("customfield_26200")
def valueCf0 = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf0)

and so-on

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

78 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you