Autocomplete fields based on dropdown selection in JIRA 7.1.7

Daniel Upton November 21, 2016

I am looking to find a solution that will allow fields within a JIRA ticket to be auto populated based upon dropdown selections when creating the ticket. I have some experience with administering JIRA but no development skills, so creating a plug-in is not an option for me. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I need to get something in place quickly in order to meet a new business proposition.

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

In line 14, value is going to contain rubbish, because you're trying to fetch a custom field object as though it's an integer.  That will break total on line 15, and then that can't be posted in 16.

You'll also find the same problem in 8 - you need the value of a field, not the field.

Try something like

def cf0 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject ("customfield_26200")
def valueCf0 = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf0)

and so-on

0 votes
Daniel Upton November 22, 2016

Thanks. I have set up a custom script post function, but it fails to run. I'm getting an error on the last line of the script. Any help would be appreciated.

image2016-11-22 17:5:16.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

Behaviours in the Script Runner would let you set pre-selected values.  Post-functions would let you easily calculate a desired value and set it after the user commits a change.  So, yes, Script Runner is probably the easy solution either way (and you'll find it's got other uses)

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

You could try using ScriptRunnerPlugin. It allow to create script without plugin creation.

Namely you need script post-function.

Suggest an answer