Auto-creating subtask with postfunction doesn't copy the remaining estimate

Gantner November 10, 2015

Hi,

I created a post-function which automatically created a subtask. This is done correctly but the remaining estimate is not copied to the subtask.

I tried to do this based on the workflow extension by adding another postfunction but it just don't works. 

Kind Regards

Rob Van Pamel

2 answers

2 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

My question would be why you would want to do this? It only makes sense (to me :o) if you only have a single subtask (but see my comment about double-dipping below as well), in which case why make a subtask at all?

If you have more than one subtask, the remaining time would probably be split between the subtasks. If you code this, consider moving the remaining estimate to the first subtask so you don't "double-dip".  Just my $0.02...

Gantner November 11, 2015

This is what i want to do: move the remaining estimate to the first subtask by first-copying it and then remove it from the parent, but this doesn't work. do you have a solution for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2015

I suspect the problem is in "this doesn't work". You need to explain what your post-function code is doing and what error messages you get (if any). Then we might be able to tell you what you've got wrong in the code or assumptions you've made.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2015

You need to code for it if you want to copy estimates down to subtasks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2015

Ok, ignore that, you've edited the question to answer the original "don't want to code" point

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events