• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assign sub-task to creator when using new view and offer the original modal

When using the new Jira view, I want the streamlined sub-task creation to assign tasks to me when I'm creating them. 

In the old view a modal would open with many of the task details. Now, the stream lined experience only allows me to edit the title, and I must open the sub-tasks individually to assign them to me and to edit descriptions or hours. 

Azure DevOps has this flow down pat and allows me to edit sub-tasks as a card on a board without needing to create the sprint first.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Josh Gust

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the inbuilt form displayed when clicking to create a sub-task have a limited number of fields. We have a feature request opened to allow Admins to select which fields are displayed in that form:

Let user customize which subtask fields to see in create issue screen 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can enforce the complete form to be displayed when clicking to create a sub-task by adding any field of the form as required.

here are the steps to configure fields as required:

1. Navigate to your project > Project settings > Fields > Actions > Edit fields
  2. Navigate to the field you want and click on "Required":

P.S: This change will be applied to all the other projects using that same field configuration. For more details, you can check the documentation below:
    Changing a field configuration 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,572 views 12 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you