Assign sub-task to creator when using new view and offer the original modal

Josh Gust July 13, 2020

When using the new Jira view, I want the streamlined sub-task creation to assign tasks to me when I'm creating them. 

In the old view a modal would open with many of the task details. Now, the stream lined experience only allows me to edit the title, and I must open the sub-tasks individually to assign them to me and to edit descriptions or hours. 

Azure DevOps has this flow down pat and allows me to edit sub-tasks as a card on a board without needing to create the sprint first.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

Hello @Josh Gust

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the inbuilt form displayed when clicking to create a sub-task have a limited number of fields. We have a feature request opened to allow Admins to select which fields are displayed in that form:

Let user customize which subtask fields to see in create issue screen 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can enforce the complete form to be displayed when clicking to create a sub-task by adding any field of the form as required.

here are the steps to configure fields as required:

1. Navigate to your project > Project settings > Fields > Actions > Edit fields
  2. Navigate to the field you want and click on "Required":

P.S: This change will be applied to all the other projects using that same field configuration. For more details, you can check the documentation below:
    Changing a field configuration 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events