Anyone experiencing issues regarding the scrollbar within an opend issue?

Cannot scroll down/up in an opened issue. Scroll bar missing after opening an issue ticket, cannot scroll down in a ticket

Noticed the issue this morning......
- when you open an issue the scroll bar (to scroll down an issue) is missing
- icons in the lefthand sidebar are missing to (not showing/not working)

As of this morning I cannot scroll down/up in an issue i have opened.

• the scroll bar is missing
  • the page doesnot react to the scroll-button of the mouse.
  • the page doesnot react to the keyboard down/up arrows

Submitted a ticket: 

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-320086

8 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm seeing exactly the same thing. JIRA is pretty much unusable at the moment.

Tayyab Bashir Community Champion Aug 29, 2017

In case youre also getting the Deadline error and getting the sidebar errors, do the following:

Navigate to Base URL/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa of your JIRA Instance. This will take you to the Dark Features Page.

Enable the dark feature com.atlassian.jira.config.BIG_PIPE_KILLSWITCH

If the server is unresponsive, im afraid it'll require a restart of the services. 

See my answer below

In our company this error occurs also, but is limited to some users, not to all.

The JS-Console shows this error message:

batch.js?locale=en-US:35 Uncaught Error: jira/projects/sidebar/component missing jira/projects/data/WRM
at l (batch.js?locale=en-US:35)
at u (batch.js?locale=en-US:35)
at s (batch.js?locale=en-US:35)
at window.require (batch.js?locale=en-US:38)
at batch.js?acjsFiveVersionEnabled=true&agile_global_admin_condition=true&devsummary=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jira-nps-enabled=true&locale=en-US&nps-not-opted-out=true:sourcemap:135
l @ batch.js?locale=en-US:35
u @ batch.js?locale=en-US:35
s @ batch.js?locale=en-US:35
window.require @ batch.js?locale=en-US:38
(anonymous) @ batch.js?acjsFiveVersionEnabled=true&agile_global_admin_condition=true&devsummary=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jira-nps-enabled=true&locale=en-US&nps-not-opted-out=true:sourcemap:135
VM1240:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ExpansionManager' of undefined

We also use Jira Cloud.

They have this issue again.

Cannot scroll down/up in an opened issue. Scroll bar missing after opening an issue ticket, cannot scroll down in a ticket

Tayyab Bashir Community Champion Aug 29, 2017

Hi, 
I experienced this bug a couple days back. 
I started getting Deadline Exception errors in my logs, and it made my server very unresponsive. 

To resolve this, try the workaround suggested here "Unable to render element due to an error" causing deadline exception error.

After that I started getting GC overhead limit exceeded. 

You can quickly go into gg+ system info and see how much Garbage Collector is doing. 
If it is below 10% or so, in my case it was at 6%, and you are getting GC overhead limit exceeded errors, you need to restart your server ASAP. 
The restart is a must, because your JVM is in unexpected state. 
Read more about the GC overhead error here

thx for the response, unfortunately we are on Jira Cloud, so dont have access to darkside features or restarting my JVM

Received the following notification through Atlassian:
http://status.atlassian.com/incidents/tx4tlhctntjk

JIRA sidebar and scrolling through JIRA issues not functioning correctly
Incident Report for Atlassian

Additional info added: 29-05-2018
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-agile-boards-not-displaying-scroll-bar-779158968.html 

this just started happening to me and a coworker today.  He on a Windows PC, using Chrome and IE..  me on a Macbook, using Chrome and Firefox..  all latest builds, both did a cold reboot and still no scrollbars..  but only when viewing a ticket..  all other pages within our spaces are working fine..

Strange am the only one facing scrollbar issue in my Team. Tried with IE, FF, and chrome. Rebooted my system also doesn't work.

I'm also getting this issue on Jira cloud.  Tried Chrome and Opera - same problem.  Rebooted PC, hasn't solved it.  Can't follow the instructions for the darkside features either because we use Jira cloud.

Followed the link to the ticket Eric raised, which lands on a blank page. 

There was a link telling me I can no longer raise bug tickets there, and had to navigate to another page.  Clicked that

Searched for the 'scrollbar' issue. Found this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-agile-boards-not-displaying-scroll-bar-779158968.html

Went back to my Jira and suddenly my scrollbar is back.. Not sure if you guys fixed it, or if the link above somehow cached some resources I needed? - Just posting this info in case it's part of the solution

Hi, I am facing the same issue when open any jira tickets/story then scroll down not working on Chrome(version 66.0.3359.181)/Firefox(58.0.2).

I also have a user with that problem at the moment. Works when switching to old JIRA design.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

216 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you