Allow transition to only previous status

I have a status Blocked, to which there are 4 transitions from 4 different statuses. It is required to allow to transition from Blocked status to only status, which was before the Blocked one.

How can I achieve that except to create for new Blocked statuses?

4 answers

We use a SIL script as a Condition on each transition "going back", something like this:

//Check if the previous step was Open Architecture

number STATUS_OPEN_ARCH = 10018;
string[] status_history = fieldHistory(key, "status");

if (arrayGetElement(status_history,arraySize(status_history)-3) == STATUS_OPEN_ARCH){

return true;
} else {
return false;
}

Edit your Workflow and remove ALL transitions on the "BLOCK" Status (click the "Delete Transition" label) and retain the one you like.

In Conditions -> Script Condition there is Checks the issue has been in a status previously. Which is exactly what was required.

Did this solution work for you?
If yes, could you please tell me where to find the option 'Script Condition'? When I click on Conditions I see a list of radio buttons, of which none are the same as "checks if the issue has been in a previous status".

My problem is the same as stated by you. I have a status OnHold to which there are 4 transitions from 4 different statuses, and it is required to allow to transition from OnHold status to only the status that was placed on hold and the ones before that.

Viktor,

Not quite the same thing, if you ask me. Your solution checks if it has EVER been in a particular state, not if it was the latest state before the current one. My be enough for you unless an issue goes from A to Blocked, back to A, on to C, then again to Blocked.

With your solution it may now move to A or C, with my suggestion only to C is allowed.

Just my $0.02, your solution may be perfectly adequate for your needs...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

44 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot