After upgrade Jira 6.4 to Jira Software 7 show me error

I can't run JIRA Software 7 after upgrade it from 6.4. If I try to load any page of new installation, it show me the 500 error. Now I have my clients without service.

This is the log:

http-nio-8080-exec-4 ERROR anonymous 862x4x1 bfxall 190.215.8.105,127.0.0.1 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[jsp.decorators.general_002dhead_002dpre_jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp.decorators.general_002dhead_002dpre_jsp threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;
        at com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar.data.TipDataProvider.suppressTip(TipDataProvider.java:49)
        at com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar.data.TipDataProvider.access$000(TipDataProvider.java:16)
        at com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar.data.TipDataProvider$1.write(TipDataProvider.java:37)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.data.DataTagWriter.write(DataTagWriter.java:48)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.data.DataTagWriter.write(DataTagWriter.java:33)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.assembler.DefaultWebResourceSet.writeHtmlTags(DefaultWebResourceSet.java:82)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.assembler.DefaultWebResourceSet.writeHtmlTags(DefaultWebResourceSet.java:69)
        at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.navigation.HeaderFooterRendering.includeResources(HeaderFooterRendering.java:101)
        at jsp.decorators.general_002dhead_002dpre_jsp._jspService(general_002dhead_002dpre_jsp.java:122)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)
        ... 25 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.pagebuilder.AbstractJspDecorator.writeTemplate(AbstractJspDecorator.java:111)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.pagebuilder.AbstractJspDecorator.writePreHead(AbstractJspDecorator.java:56)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.pagebuilder.GeneralJspDecorator.writePreHead(GeneralJspDecorator.java:34)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.pagebuilder.DefaultPageBuilder.flush(DefaultPageBuilder.java:87)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.Dashboard.doExecute(Dashboard.java:195)
        ... 1 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:67)
        ... 7 filtered
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)
        ... 50 filtered
        at com.atlassian.greenhopper.jira.filters.ClassicBoardRouter.doFilter(ClassicBoardRouter.java:59)
        ... 159 filtered
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2015-10-29 14:23:01,243 http-nio-8080-exec-4 ERROR anonymous 862x4x1 bfxall 190.215.8.105,127.0.0.1 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [c.a.j.web.filters.CommittedResponseHtmlErrorRecoveryFilter] Exception occurred after HTTP response was already committed: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

5 answers

1 accepted

Hello Harold,

Try following the instructions provided here to fix this issue.

Thank you.. this works.

We are having the same program, we've went as far as to remove all the plugins from the system. Still no luck.

We are facing the same issue. Have you came up with the solution?

We face the same issue. We deleted all the incompatible plugins but still face this issue. We do not see any "failed plugin report" anymore but still get the below error:

Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

Same issue here, I tried the doc Rodrigo Sogari linked but no luck.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 31m ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

16 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot