Advanced JQL Filter

Kristen Viscardi March 3, 2016

Hi I am trying to create a filter so if any issues in my project sit in the resolved state for more than 3 days, they automatically transition to closed. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Kristen,

Here you go smile :

First test if all the issue in your project has been resolved with a resolution:

Paste this in Issues> Search for issues Section: 

project = XXX  and resolutiondate is not null  and resolution is null and status = resolved

Zero issues is normal.

Then we can setup the rule in the automation Plugin

In the section select trigger > JQL filter Trigger

In the cron section: paste this for example if you want close all issue in resolved status, at 7.15 am every day

0 15 7 * * ?

Then paste the JQL code:

project = XXX and resolutiondate < -3d and status =resolved

(remember to change XXX with the key of your project)

Then in the next section Add Section

Set Choose Section > Transition Section

Then set the exact close  transition (this is relative to your project's workflow). Start writing clos.. and then choose the correct one.

You can also check: Disable notification for this transition?

Then click next, save.

Hope you find it usefull,

Thanks

Sergio

1 vote
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

it can be implemented using com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyService

Please find an example here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/services.html

I'm trying to use the JIRA automation plugin

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

Hi @Kristen Viscardi

There are settings at JIRA Admin to set final resoution.

Check the automation on left sidebar. Those are global settings. If you need project you can make it a post function on the workflow for that project. 

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

It might be helpful if you tell us what tool or approach you're using to implement the auto-close.

Assuming your final status is "Closed" a query something like this should give you the list you're looking for:

resolutiondate < -3d and status != Closed

I'm trying to use the JIRA automation plugin

Suggest an answer