Administrator in atlassian-addons-admin group cannot install add-ons

OomStephan January 22, 2019

Good day

I am trying install an add-on from the atlassian marketplace. This use to not be a problem, but now when I try, I only get the option to request add-on installation.

I belong to all the relevant admin groups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am the only person in my company that use to be able to install add-ons.

Regards

Stephan van der Linde

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi Stephan,

This is covered in the KB "Adding New Products or Add-ons to Existing Atlassian Cloud Instance", but ultimately Only members of the Site-Admin Group can add Paid Add-ons or Applications to the instance, so it sounds like your account does not have Site Admin permissions.

Edit:

Sorry I only noted the Jira Cloud details above, for jira server Its Jira System Administrators global permissions that is required to Upload and/or install an add-on, As covered here.  To verify if you are a member of this group you can refer to THIS KB, and check these two queries:

1. This one gets the groups that are in the system admin permission

select group_id from globalpermissionentry where PERMISSION='SYSTEM_ADMIN';

2. This one lists the users that belong to the Group output by the above query:

select child_name, directory_id from cwd_membership where parent_name='Group-name-found-in-previous-query';

If your username is output in the list then you are in the correct group.

Regards,
Earl 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events