Adding javascript files through a plugin not working in JIRA 7.1

I have a plugin that adds a javascript file which controls some display elements on the create screen of one of my projectsin JIRA 6.1.3. It does not work in JIRA 7.1. Shouldn't I be able to create a basic plugin skeleton and add a javascript file to src/main/resources/js/. I was only using a console.log in the javascript file just to see if it would load but it is not working. 

1 answer

I have the same problem. I create a plugin with a section in the admin_plugins_menu to display a configuration. I'm create a velocity file to display my configuration page without any problem. In that page I have a button, and I want to display a dialog when it is clicked. (very similar to the issue types, when we try do add a new issue type). For some reason, the javascript resource created in the plugin creation (using maven archetypes, atlas-create- ... ), is not attached. (i now that because I put a console.log and a alert in the javascript and nothing is happen).

Did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Stride

Get Started in Stride in 3 Easy Steps

Get started on Stride in 3 easy steps   If you’re new to Stride, welcome! We’re super excited to have you aboard. Stride is easy to use and set up, so don’t worry about reading tons of borin...

48 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you