Adding a custom developed custom-field to Issue Collector

Parthiban Subramaniam October 6, 2015

Hello All.

I'm cracking my head with this one.

I'm developing a custom-field simple stuff easy peasy, nothing complicated just a simple text field and all I want to do is add it to the issue collector. But issue collector seems to be allowing only out of the box custom field types to the issue collector form but not any custom developed ones.

Is this not doable? 

Before any thing gets added to the issue collector form, it seems to be executing 

CustomFieldType.getKey()

Issue Collector guide has nothing about custom-fields that are developed in-house.

Appreciate your thoughts and pointers

Cheers,

Parthi

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

Have a read at the JIRA Advance Use of Issue Collector page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-use-of-the-jira-issue-collector-296092376.html. That will help you through on all your problems with it.

Parthiban Subramaniam October 6, 2015

Unfortunately it does not provide me anything to work with, I do not want to set a value through the javascript in any of the custom fields I want the user to enter those those values.

ggaragliano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2016

I am having the same issue. I'm sure there is a simple solution that I'm missing, but I can't find any documentation that explains how to include a custom field in the issue collector for the Reporter to see (The Advanced Use of the JIRA Issue Collector documentation provides lots of info on setting values, but nothing on displaying new fields in the issue collector dialogue.)

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

That should be done in the Issue Collector configuration side. 

Suggest an answer