Add new users to a project - not finding it intuative

Kenneth Bernhard July 26, 2020

I have found tow suggestions in the help lit on how to add new users to a project.

Go to  > Site administration.

or

From your project's sidebar, select Project settings > People.

Neither appear, that I can find in the project I created, ideas community?

1 answer

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2020

Hello @Kenneth Bernhard , are you on jira cloud or server? If you are on Jira Server follow this documentation - Adding users to your project 

So, as project admin goto --> Projects --> Choose your current project --> Project settings (bottom left corner) --> Users & Roles --> Add users to role

Note: Make sure you take a look at your permission scheme before you add users to a specific role.

Kenneth Bernhard July 27, 2020

If I am on a server, and I noted this when read this instruction previously, I am in need of additional permissions as pointed out in the opening paragraph of the instruction. 

"It's important to note that you can only add existing groups and users, you need to be a Jira Core administrator to create the groups or users." 

I can see existing users when I attempt to populate the user name for a role.  However none of the existing users are people that I want in the project.

I'll go look for how to get Core Administrator rights or find someone who has those permissions.  

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

Hello Kenneth, Project Settings --> People is only available on Jira cloud, that's the reason I wanted to know if you were on cloud or server. However, yes to create new uers & groups you need to be Jira Admin.

Kenneth Bernhard July 27, 2020

Thank you.

Suggest an answer