Please clarify the following two questions.
1. For some reason all my stories are showing as " issue " in JIRA I would like to call it as Story instead of Issue
2. As of now by default we have status of story ( issue ) and bug are 1. To Do 2. In Progress 3. Done
I would like to add few more fields for Bug cycle;
Please help me on this and appreciate your quick response on the same.
Alright; So you want to define some new Issue Types, am I correct? I see that you also want new fields to be added to JIRA and you summarize the statuses which your process needs.
As for changing Issue Types, you can simply define a new one;
Enter a name and description for your new issue type.
Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type. Sub-tasks can be used for smaller pieces of work that are associated with a standard issue.
Can you elaborate on the rest of your wishes so we can think out a solution that you want?
Thank you Jeremy for quick response. Please advise on below question.
1. Currently all the stories which we are created as type " issue " not sure why ( Please see attached for reference ) we would like see as a story
2. Bug life cycle:
You might be aware that we have different status for a bug like
As of i know I can see default workflow status like ( To Do, In Progress and Done attached screen snap for reference ).
I would like to add above status as part of BUG life cycle
Please advise on the both stuffs, appreciate your quick response on this.
Its a new project we have started using JIRA.
1. You will have to either rename this Issue Type by doing this;
- Choose > Issues.
- Click Issue types.
- Find the relevant issue type and click Edit.
- Edit the issue type name, description, or avatar, and click Update.
2. You will have to assign the Issue Type to the Workflow you want to use. If you want something more than the standard Workflow, you will have to create your own.
I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs