API Tokens

Harish R June 12, 2019

Hi,

I have created TOKENS in https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens, but the problem is i am not able to call the api in postman 

I have configured api token by following the steps in JIRA Documentation. Please refer the below screen shot for more info.

jiraAuthentication.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hello Harish,

Thank you for contacting us. Happy to help!

Do you have your email address and token entered in under Authorization

I'm testing this with my Jira Cloud instance, and it seems to work:

Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 13.24.23.png

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Regards,

Shannon

Harish R June 13, 2019

@Shannon S  Yes I do have 

[PRIVATE INFORMATION REDACTED]

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hello Harish,

I've removed your private information for your safety. So you are aware, this is a public forum and it's not recommended to share your private data.

If you can confirm that you've already filled in your username and API token in the Authentication tab, then you need to check with the Cloud team why this isn't working. You can reach them from our Support Portal

Please make sure to include a link to this thread so they can let us know what the issue was. 

Regards,

Shannon

Harish R June 13, 2019

Yes I have filled 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2019

Thank you, Harish! One more test you can do is using CURL and your email and token:

curl -v https://mysite.atlassian.net --user me@example.com:my-api-token

Please be sure not to share your URL, username, or token with us in your reply.

If that still does not work, then there's something with your account and you want to Contact Support. If it does work, then there's still an issue with your settings in Postman and you will want to double-check your settings.

Regards,

Shannon

Harish R June 13, 2019

@Shannon S  I am able to get the response in curl but not in Postman. Please check it

Harish R June 14, 2019

Please reply to this ticket ASAP. I am not able to proceed further. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2019

Hello Harish,

Thank you for following up. I want to first make sure we have set the proper expectation with you in regards to the Atlassian Community site. Questions here may be answered by Atlassian Staff, Community Leaders, and other members of the Atlassian Community. There are no specific SLAs or hours of availability. You can find further details about our support offerings from the page Atlassian Support Offerings. If you're ever in need of urgent support, I would suggest that you raise a ticket at support.atlassian.com as I suggested previously.

That said, I used the base 64 encoding provided by you earlier and decoded it. From this information I was able to test your credentials against your instance's REST API. I can confirm that it works in Postman without any issues. You can see the results of my test below:

Screenshot_2019-06-14_at_11_42_00.png

Because you are getting a 401 error, it tells me that you haven't entered the correct information. Since we've already seen your credentials, I believe the problem now is related to the endpoint you are using.

1. Can you confirm the URL you are connecting to is your own Cloud URL?
  2. Tell us which endpoint you are trying to connect to. Please do not include your instance URL for your security; only share the endpoint itself. 

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Harish R June 14, 2019

Thank you for the reply @Shannon S 

I am getting empty results if I run in postman, Can u please mail me the username passwords and headers used in your post man.

Please find the attachment for more info.emptyresults.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2019

Hello Harish,

Thank you for sharing that.

I cannot mail you the email address and token I used, but I directly decoded it from the base 64 you provided. You can compare this with the portion as seen in your first screenshot.

I can see in your 2nd screenshot that you are now getting a different message, saying that it connected successfully, but isn't able to load any data from Jira. 

Can you please send me another screenshot now of your headers from Postman, including the Base 64 again? Please censor out the middle of your token but leave the beginning and end so we can compare it. Below is my example:

Screenshot_2019-06-14_at_14_07_00.png

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer