A simple JQL script to produce a list of just the Sprint names/dates & Story titles under them?

Joss Hutton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2019

Hi there,

Please excuse my ignorance of JQL but I've a pressing need to produce a very simple Sprint Report via the Issue Navigator, and I simply can't work out how to do it!

I want to be able to produce a very simple export to Word of the following fields, and nothing else, to enable Product Owners to simply cut & paste it into emails, to give clients basic visibility of what's being done and when.

So all of the Sprints, active and completed, in number order (eg Sprint 1, 2, etc) with dates, then the titles of Stories sitting under each one, with the Backlog and its Stories at the end:

• Sprint name (active and completed)
  • Sprint date (from / to)
  • Stories (just the story titles, nothing else, in the order they appear on the Board)

After all the Sprints have been listed...

• Backlog (just that title)
  • Stories (just the story titles, nothing else, in the order they appear on the Board)

At present, every time we add/amend a Story or change a Sprint, a Word doc has to be manually updated, and this is proving very time-consuming! We're using Jira Cloud so a plugin isn't a solution...

If a JQL whizz could find the time to pen a script to do this, it'd be MUCH appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hello,

A JQL query can not produce a list of sprints. It can only produce a list of issues. You would need to select all issues, required by your requirement, export all these issues to an Excel file and then modify the excel so that you could see the report, which you want. You could also use Jira Rest Api to get info, which is not available in Jira issues (like if a sprint is active or not).

Joss Hutton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2019

Thanks for the clarity, Alexey! I'm disappointed, but not surprised...

Suggest an answer