workflow integrity error

chandra sekhar August 31, 2018

The current step associated with the workflow entry with id 20373 has an incorrect step Id.

(JRA-4539)"

The issue is resolved by running the Fix Button and JIRA will fix the issues directly in the database.

We tried this option, but still getting the same result. Can any one help on this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Hi Chandra, 

The bug that error refers to is actually https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-4539, however, this was resolved long ago so there may be an issue with the workflow itself. Some questions: 

* How are you triggering the transition?

* Does this happen for all issues in the project? All projects that share the workflow?

* Has this worked in the past?

Cheers,

Jennifer 

kumar_ankush_in_bosch_com July 31, 2019

Hello Jennifer,

i am facing same problem in 7.13.5.

Can you please suggest how to solve this.

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2019

Hi Kumar, 

Can you try running the Integrity Checker to see if this identifies any issues with the workflow? 

Jennifer

kumar_ankush_in_bosch_com August 1, 2019

Hello Jennifer,

Error which i am getting is the current step associated with the workflow entry with I'd 13554 has an incorrect stepid.(JIRA-4539).

When i provide fix in integrity checker, fixed issue moves in previous state and if i change the status problem is still exists.

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2019

Hi Kumar, 

It sounds like there might be an issue with the workflow itself: 

* How are you triggering the transition?

* Does this happen for all issues in the project? All projects that share the workflow?

* Has this worked in the past?

You may also want to enter a case with our support team so we can help directly. 

Cheers,
Jennifer van Leeuwen | Atlassian Enterprise Support

David Isaacson February 18, 2020

I know exactly what causes it in my situation. I'm using Automation for Jira to edit the issue type which then causes the issue to show service desk users invalid transition buttons and gives that same integrity check error. Why is Issue Type an editable field in the Edit Issue action if it causes corruption? If I use the Move function to jump workflows, it works fine, but Automation must not be performing all the same steps. It would be nice if there were an Automation action for Move Issue since my scenario always is from issue type A to issue type B, request type A to request type B, and transitioning from Open on A to Open on B.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events