user not get notified on email when tagged in a ticket

Ismail Alghaniem April 1, 2018

a user in a project with other members, he is not getting notification by email when someone tagged him in a ticket but all other members in his groups are got notified by email.

4 answers

1 vote
pvlakshmikanth January 4, 2021

We are also facing the same issue, tagged users not getting email notifications.

0 votes
Iris October 5, 2020

We are having the exact same issue with one of our users. Anyone solved this? 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2018

You can check, why the user does not receive a notification in the Notification Helper.

Open an issue, from which the user did not receive a notification, and choose the Notification Helper in the Admin menu list. Then enter the username and the action.

You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/jira-admin-helper-802593078.html

Ismail Alghaniem April 2, 2018

I have checked the Notification helper but no option belong to the tagging notifications as you can see in the attached screenshot:

Screenshot from 2018-04-02 10-52-12.png

Then checked the Notification schema but also no option belong to the tagging notifications issue.
Finally, I have checked JIRA Community and hope will get a solution.

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2018

@Ismail Alghaniem

Hi Ismail,

did you check that the email_address of the user is correct?

Is that a specific behaviour in that project or reproducable for other projects as well?

BR

Kurt

I have checked the groups for all of a three other users with the mentioned user and all are in mutual groups.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

That's not what Kurt asked.  He asked you to check that the email address of the user is correct, and if emails were working differently in other projects.

Thank you for clarifying Nic, 

I have checked the email and he hasn't notified when tagged with all projects which he is working on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

Then the emails are being killed by your email servers or they're going into his spam folder.

Sorry Nic,

the email still working successfully for all options like creating issue and updating ... etc but not for tagging, also the spam folder was the first choice to investigate the issue and it's empty.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2018

If other people are getting notifications about it and he is not, but he's getting other emails, then there's something on your email server stopping them.

Gary Nguyen March 23, 2022

I'm JIRA administrator and we encounter the exact problem.

Not sure if Atlassian have a way to solve this or help us to troubleshoot...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I'm sorry to say it, but 5 years after the problem is reported, you might have to start with your own organisations systems, not Atlassian's.

Suggest an answer