unable to edit Sprint field in jira edit issue page

Shradha Singh February 13, 2017

Hi Experts!

I am unable to edit Sprint field value in my JIRA PROD version in Edit Issue Page in JIRA .

I am able to edit Sprint field value from Agile Board but I want to do it from JIRA Edit issue page.

However I can edit Sprint field value in my JIRA TEST env. Is this some kind of setting which is missing or enabled in JIRA PROD.

Please suggest.

Regards
Shradha 

2 answers

1 vote
Nina Marshall May 10, 2021

Is this feature broken again in production?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2017

Have you got the sprint field on the "edit issue" screen?

Shradha Singh February 14, 2017

Yes Nic. I have granted myself all the permissions also like Administer project, Edit Issue, Resolve issue etc.

Regards

Shradha

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2017

Shradha, it's not about permissions but whether you have the field "Sprint" on the "Edit screen" of the issue. Each issue has screens associated with it, which you can see in the project admin section. And then on the "edit issue screen" for the issueType you have to make sure that the Sprint field is present only then you can edit it.

Like Jose Luna likes this
Jose Luna December 19, 2018

If my issue doesnt has the "Spring" field on the editing page, how can I make it appear

Like flash.sheridan likes this
Varma Gadiraju January 15, 2019

Jose, you need to add in the edit screen. When you scroll down completely you will find search option.

Suggest an answer