tickets status bulk change

Arslan Ash February 13, 2021

hello all!

I have an external ERP that consumes the effort my team has spent supporting my clients.

Every month, the support hours status is updated in the ERP for accounting.

I am planning to add a new status to the ticket called "invoiced", that should be set after the ERP invoice the client (or discount the support hours).

I plan to build a filter that selects all the tickets to change (criteria would be current month, and status = closed and a specific project_type (many projects)), and then run "something" to bulk change the tickets status to "invoiced". 

Would you please guide me if that is possible?

Is this something to do by using Automations?

Thanks
Bookonboard

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

Hi Arslan,

You should be able to do that using an Automation For Jira Scheduled trigger rule. You can have the rule run on a regular basis - everyday or at the end of the month or something in between using the cron function. 

Then write a JQL query to identify the issues.

Finally, add a new action to Transition issue to the invoiced status. 

If you have not used Automation for Jira before, here is some information to help get you started:

There are two types of automation:

• Global: In the Free version, you get 100 executions per product, per month
  • Project: In all versions, you get unlimited executions per month

Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).

For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.

Jira Automation Template Library to help get you started quickly:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453

Suggest an answer