there is a way to create a new role or to manage role access

Denise Baack-Hernandez January 28, 2020

How can I change the default Roles in  one of my Jira's project's , I'm trying to add a group of developers  by the project access section but  I  would like to configure  the roles to give the right access to the developers, but i can't find anywhere on Jira configurations .

could you please help.

Thanks

Capture11.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

You can Add new roles on Jira Settings  -> System -> Project Roles.

After in the premission scheme you have to define what are the users in those roles capable to do. otherwise they won't do anything.

Denise Baack-Hernandez January 28, 2020

Thanks Alexander, for this information, but still  I can't see the Roles of Administrator ,Viewer, and Member to manage them .

Capture123.PNG

Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @deni ,

You are using a next-gen project. There the only roles you get are Viewer, Administrator and Member.

With Next Gen projects Atlassian tries to simplify the configuration of projects and make it more accessible to teams. But this also means some features have been removed for simplicity.

With classic jira projects you have all the flexibility you are used to and there you can define the roles as I mentioned on my last comment.

Denise Baack-Hernandez January 30, 2020

Hi @Alexander Schmidt  thank you for this formation,  I have a question  how I could change to convert a a next-gen project to a classic Jira projects, and what are the risks to do so?

Suggest an answer