the body of System Dashboard disappears when created new dashboard to me and all users

ubaldo brea March 4, 2020

Hi community,

I'm new here but  have a problem and need a help from you.

I´m a Jira administrator and when create a new dashboard as like a system dashboard or select from other user,  the body of dashboard almost disappears (as like the bottom goes up - images attached) , this is happening with all users, the all dashboards created before are working but we we create a new one has the same problem. I tried to change from private dashboard, try to share to public and nothing change. This is a problem because all users have the same problem on theirs new dashboard, in my opinion some java css disappears in some place :(.

Thanks for all!

jira_dashboard problem 2.jpgjira_problem_3.png

1 answer

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

I think its the banner that is causing the issue. Check you might have some HTML tags open. Or else remove the banner and check.

ubaldo brea March 4, 2020

Hi Suhas Patil, 

I already tried this action with no results, the problem only occurs on the presentation of dashboards.

When I delete the dashboard created , the default dashboard came back normally.

dashboard_presentation.jpgdashboard_creation.jpg

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

Are you using a reverse proxy/loadbalancer (Apache or NginX)? In that case, make sure there is communication open between the Application server and the load balancer (App server to Load balancer). Because dashboard gadgets send requests to Jira through  load balancer.

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2020

Dashboards to load correctly, you also need to import the certificate into Jira's truststores as explained here 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-import-an-existing-ssl-certificate-for-use-in-tomcat-838412853.html

ubaldo brea March 5, 2020

No, we are not using reverse proxy/ loadbalancer and the ssl certificate are ok.  Do you know what path inside Jira ´s installation or application data are responsible for formatting dashboard´s pages, may be some file are corrupted or missing. Thanks for your help!

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2020

Are you including any third party plugin gadgets on your personal dashboard? have you tried keeping the same gadgets as the system dashboard? then check if the problem persists.

Another thing you can check is if there is any browser extension that is messing up with your dashboard. I have seen some issues with extensions like Grammerly in the past but not exactly this type of issue.

ubaldo brea March 9, 2020

Hi Suhas Patil, Thank you for your return, but the dashboard that I´m trying to create is the system board by default , no new gadget or plugins inside the default and my browser don't have any extensions :-( . May be some user install a wrong plugin?

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

Its clearly some third party javascript components are interfering with Jira's own js components. 

Try starting Jira in SAFE mode i.e. disabling all user-installed plugins. You can find that option in Add-ons >> Manage Add-ons, at the bottom of the page. If it works fine in safe mode, then its clearly some plugin. Then you can start enabling plugins one by one to find the culprit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events