set up round robin automations to exclude lunch hours?

Brandon Mahan July 15, 2021

i was wondering if it is possible to have service desk tickets auto assign at certain time frames? so what i mean our service desk team will be working in 3 shifts 6-3, 8-5, 10-7.

during those shifts we will have all our team get tickets auto assigned to them via round robin. we would like to have the tickets stop during the lunch breaks on those shifts. 

so if we have agents A B C D E F we want them to all get tickets. If agents A & B work 6-3 and their lunch is at 10-11 we want the tickets to only be assigned to agents C D E F during that window and so on for the remaining shifts. 

2 answers

0 votes
Lenny Emmerton July 15, 2021

Hi @Brandon Mahan

We have created an app on market place that may assist. Please see.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215740/elevator-smart-issue-assignment?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Regards

Lenny

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Lenny Emmerton 

When recommending a marketplace vendor product, please ensure that you disclosure your affiliation to that vendor in your post wording. For more information about this, please see:

Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

Best regards,

Bill

Like Shannon S likes this
Lenny Emmerton July 15, 2021

Thanks Bill. Updated the answer.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2021

Hi Lenny,

To add to that, please note the following from our guidelines.

Identify yourself as a partner: Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with a partner company; for example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes- (note that regular brackets no longer work and have been automatically converted to dashes). 

So, for example, Lenny Emmerton {Sapling Valley}

Thank you so much for being so helpful!

Take care,

Shannon

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Thanks, Shannon...but I do not work for that company.  ;^)  Did you mean to use Lenny's name as an example.

Best regards,
Bill

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi Bill,

Yes, so sorry about that! I updated my example. laugh

Shannon

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

Hi @Brandon Mahan 

Please look at this post for ideas on how to solve this using regular expressions and advanced compare conditions.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Assigning-round-robin-according-to-the-hour-of-the-day/qaq-p/1651142

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer