sending ( login) links to customers which are blocked by ATP settings

marcjan May 19, 2020

We are building a service desk for our customers in Jira. We ask them to create an account, but the link in the email sent to them is stretched ( and bocked) by our customers MS ATP,
i assume this is a standard situation and how do others overcome this issue? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

I am nor sure what you mean by "link is stretched", but the blocking is entirely down to ATP - you'll need to configure that so it allows them through.

marcjan May 19, 2020

Hi,  thank you for your reply,  on  stretched i mean the link becomes very long with a lot of characters which is seen as a  unknown link and possible thread.

the issue is at the customers side, their MS ATP is blocking it. as multiple customers will have it set up as standard and Jira is used a a customer ticket system i think this issue is already encountered before?  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

It's not stretching the links, it is adding parameters to them so that when the person lands there, the system knows who is signing up.

A properly configured protection program would understand that.

Anyway, there's nothing you can do about this.  The problem is that the MS ATP system on the receiving end needs to be configured correctly.

Suggest an answer