requests via emails Sent to Service Desk keeps creating tickets in loop

Nico Zarb Adm November 5, 2021

Hi all,

We have noticed that all of a sudden we are noticing that all emails requests sent to our service desk are creating tickets on loop which is cluttering the queue. I have amended the mail loop configuration but in the logs it seems we are still receiving these requests but according to logs are being rejected.

Would you be able to help and guide me if there is anything suspicious or misconfigured i need to check,

cheers 

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Hello @Nico Zarb Adm 

Welcome to community

Have you recently made any changes to your notification scheme? 

Added an automation rule?

What is happening is that your mailbox receives notifications from the same JIRA instnace.

Is your mailbox email added to the notifications scheme? Or added as a request participant in issues? Added on notification scheme?

BR, Olga

Nico Zarb Adm November 5, 2021

hello Olga ! 

Thanks for the reply.

to be fair we have not amended any configuration in Jira at all so it all seems a bit strange.

It seems that some changes has occurred to the configuration of the Office365 exchange properties which might have altered the flow but I'm unsure of what to check on Jira in order to fix the flow or better configure it.

Regards,

Nico

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Okay, you need to check atlassian-jira.log

The actual log files generated by Jira can be found in the following locations:

• Jira application log  bin/atlassian-jira.log
  • Application server log — generally the application server log file can be found under the logs directory. However, this can vary depending on the application server you are running

You are searching for is an error in connecting to the mailbox, that cloud cause read time out.

Check this Mail processing results in duplicates due to read timed out error in Jira server

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mail-processing-results-in-duplicates-due-to-read-timed-out-error-in-jira-server-280068481.html

Also, which version of Jira are you using?

Can you check your mailbox is your email marked as read?

Diagnose incoming mail issues in Jira server

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/diagnose-incoming-mail-issues-in-jira-server-229180314.html

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events