remove hipchat integration

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hey there. On all my service desk pages i have a message as below. We do not use hipchat and have no intention to (we are using slack, but have no need to have that tied into servicedesk or jira).

How do I completely remove this message:

"HipChat discussions

Do you want to discuss this issue? Connect to HipChat."

i went to the "hipchat integration" setting on the project and its unconfigured currently so i doubt that is the problem.

I feel that users may be confused by this and it will generate questions. Its basically an advertisement and I want to remove it. Can i not?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

There are 3 plugins that you need to disable to be able to remove HipChat integration entirely.

• base-hipchat-integration-api
  • base-hipchat-integration-plugin
  • hipchat-for-jira.

If you disable those 3 plugins it will no longer show up on Jira issues.

IMPORTANT: You need to be sure that you have never set a workflow with the HipChat Trigger, if you have then JIRA will be unable to start.   You will also need to ensure that one is never set in the future.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

worked perfect! thanks. gaah i should have known it was a system plugin! everything is plugins!

1 vote
Sean June 14, 2018

I have the same question, but I'm unable to disable the plugins listed in Brant's answer. I'm on the Cloud version and I went to "Manage Add-Ons" for Jira Service Desk and found the following.

• Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin
  • Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin Core
  • Hipchat for Jira

I'm not able to disable any of these. However I can simply dismiss the HipChat integration from the form. I think that might have to be done by each user though.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2018

Sean,

My answer was for server.  I am not sure in cloud if you can disable them or not.  You should submit a support ticket.

Thanks
Brant

Deleted user December 6, 2019

As Hipchat is no more.., this is very much helpfull.

Suggest an answer