quick filter and sprint goal mgt.

Loïc Lenain September 14, 2022

Hello, 

I would need your help on 2 questions :

1-I would like to see on an active sprint all the tasks which are link to an EPIC with a specific label. Do you know how to do it? (using the quick filter).

2-I would like to link each task in the active sprint to a sprint goal. It would help to make the backlog more clear. How would you do it?

thanks a lot for your help! 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Loïc Lenain 

Welcome to the community.

1 - Is the label on the Epic, on the child issues, or on both?

2 - Issues cannot be linked to a "sprint goal". The goal applies to the sprint, not the issues. You could create an additional custom field for your issue called Sprint Goal and populate with a list of values from which one could be selected for each issue. You can display that custom field as part of the Card Layout in the Backlog screen, or you could create Quick Filters to display issues based on those values.

thank you Trudy and thank you for taking the time to reply to me. 

1-the label is only at the EPIC level, not at the child issue. 

2-Ok, clear, I think it's what I'm gonna do. Thanks.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

Finding the child issues of an Epic based on a label applied only to the Epic is not something that Jira can do natively. Do you have any apps installed on your instance that extend the JQL capabilities of Jira?

I suppose it's server, because the webaddress contain my company name. 

and no, i don't think i have any apps. I'm really a beginner... Is it something easy/free to have? any recommandation ? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2022

It would be Jira Cloud if the URL is similar to https://<yourCompany>.atlassian.net/

You can check with you Jira Administrators to find out if you have any third party apps installed that extend the issue searching features.

Unfortunately the apps that provide good extensions for issue searching are not going to be free. You can find information about such apps by searching the Atlassian Marketplace. Here is an example search.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=dataCenter&product=jira&query=jql

You might need to change the hosting type in that search. I set it to Data Center. If you have only a Server license the results might be different.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events