projectType field not found in query

Elle E. Benami January 27, 2021

Hi there,

I'm trying to add a filter on project type, but it does not appear to work. According to this article, the field projectType should be queryable. Note: I have admin access to the org and have a Standard Jira Software license.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 1.39.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 1.40.00 PM.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Sounds odd, given the docs, but try dropping the "" around "software".

The other thing to try is letting the autocorrect do the work for you - go to the advanced search and belt in "projectType = ", then start typing softw... it should start making suggestions, including software, which you can then select and let Jira do the rest of the selection work.

Great tip @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Dropping the "..." resolved my issue.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Elle E. Benami do not add quotation marks around software. It should be:

• projectType = software AND assignee in (....

ANd if you start writing, JQL text box gives you possibilities for values...

Thank you @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__!

Atlassian needs to update the JQL knowledge article in my screenshot, as it has the quotation marks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Yep, the docs are now broken! 

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

@Elle E. Benami @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- we can provide feedback on the article. Did you do it already? I do not want to create duplicates...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

No, I have not touched it.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Ok, I sent a feedback :) thank you for your cooperation.

Suggest an answer