org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "AO_B9A0F0_APPLIED_TEMPLATE" does not exist

PHILIPPE VIENT January 31, 2017

we are unable to setup JIRA, we have this error when crating new project :

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "AO_B9A0F0_APPLIED_TEMPLATE" does not exist

6 answers

0 votes
Søren Eduard Jacobsen August 30, 2017

Thanks - We faced the same issue while trying to hook up an Azure postgresql db service to a Jira instance

It is related to this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64886

We used 

"ALTER DATABASE <database_name> SET search_path TO schema1,schema2;"

The search_path parameter sets the order in which schemas are searched using non-qualified object names.

dujas November 29, 2021

Hi Jacobsen,

I think I am in the same boat for now, the version of Postgresql I am using is 14.1.

Once I created the new database, I created a new schema and used the workaround to set the search_path to it, but issue kept still.

0 votes
PHILIPPE VIENT February 1, 2017

Finally, the solution is in the configuration files of Postgresql.

You need to give this inofrmation :

SET search_path TO myschema,public;

David Di Gioia June 22, 2019

Thank you.

This fixed my problem installing Jira 8.2.1 with Azure Database for Postgresql.

I had to use a non-default schema because Azure was adding 2 PostgreSQL extensions, which caused Jira to think the DB was not empty.

I couldn't easily remove the extensions via my Terraform modules.

So I changed my Terraform module to set the new schema name to be the same as the jiradbuser user name (default search path in PostgreSQL is "$user", public).

This fixed the "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "AO... does not exist" errors.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

First of all - AO tables are for plugins. Since first to do is find out which plugin this table belongs to.

Go to admin panel/System/advanced and select "Plugin Data Storage". Find this table here and get plugin it belongs to.

0 votes

We have a valid licence for JIRA SOFTWARE.

How can we see if this plugin is valid for this lcence ? we have just found a list of plugins...

0 votes

how we can see the correct licence version ? I've just à Jira software licence and nothing else.
We use the last on 7.3 bin version 

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

OA tables are for plugins. Go to admin panel / System / Plugin data storage. Here you can find plugin which uses this table. 

Then: 

1. check that plugin version is compatible with JIRA version
  2. you have valid licance for plugin

Other option - database is not supported by JIRA. Here is list of supported databases: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/supported-platforms-828787550.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events