jira core server licence

Saad MAKBOUL October 20, 2021

HI i need a jira core licence how to do if we want to stay on our server ?

2 answers

2 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Hi @Saad MAKBOUL,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Need to purchase a brand new Jira Core server license or extend maintenance your old server licence?

Unfortunately, Atlassian has already stopped selling new licenses for their tools in the "server" version - Moving to a Cloud future, together 

Important changes to our server and Data Center products
We’ve ended sales for new server licenses and will end support for server on February 2, 2024. We’re continuing investment in Data Center with several key improvements.

Only Jira Data Center (server edition) or Jira Cloud is available.

Pavel

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Keep in mind that Jira Core doesn't officially exist as a seperate product in Datacenter. So you'll have to get JSW licenses to have access to Jira Core/Jira Work Management

Like Pavel Junek likes this
lmayorg81 May 30, 2022

If I use Jira Cloud, would I still have access to the API to extend the functionality? For instance, I would like to rely on Jira Workflow and build my own user interfaces. How does the licensing work in this case? Also, would the API handle high-availability?

Note: I have used JIRA in the past as standalone server and would like to see the viability in extending for a different business type that is no software.

0 votes
Steven Rhodes October 20, 2021

So you have Confluence Cloud and you want to add Jira Core Cloud to this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events