issue.get("issuetype")?.name == "Demand"||issue.get("priority")?.name == "1-Blocker"

Manoj May 8, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to set default comment based on ticket creation with particular issue type and priority (critical, blocker, major etc).

when i select issue type demand and priority - blocker then the comment reflect in the ticket as "“This is Blocker Issue raised by the Customer , Please look in to this issue immediately and follow the process to handle the blocker ticket"

but when i raise another ticket and select issue type - demand and priority is major then still the comment reflect as "“This is Blocker Issue raised by the Customer , Please look in to this issue immediately and follow the process to handle the blocker ticket ” 

whereas it should be the different comment. 

any idea what is missing in my case?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @M 

If your requirements is to write a comment only when the issue type is demand and the priority is blocker, then your condition should be:

issue.get("issuetype")?.name == "Demand" && issue.get("priority")?.name == "1-Blocker"

Use && instead of ||.

Let me know if that solved your problem.

Manoj May 8, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Hello, Thanks alot this is working indeed and now i need to trigger an email with condition? how can i do this? 

Condition (Issue type = Demand and Priority= 1-Blocker

Please trigger email to the MMM team by stating below comment on CaaS DL (MMM@email...) 

Additionally, i need to implement the same for below priority but not the email.

Condition (Issue type = Demand and Priority= 2-Critical)

Condition (Issue type = Demand and Priority > equal to 3-Major, 4-Minor, 5-Trivial)

pls guide.

Thanks

M

Manoj May 8, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Hi, i am able to set the other 2 conditions by replacing values and putting &&, i got my doubts as well,

Only thing which i am not able to do is email set up based on Condition (Issue type = Demand and Priority= 1-Blocker.

Can you please assist here.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

What do you want to do with the email?

Manoj May 8, 2023

when a ticket raised with issue type demand and priority is 1-Blocker then an email trigger to the one of DL (email ID) 

and for other 2 conditions Reporter should be notified that his ticket has been addressed. 

Additionally, this comment is part is working fine. but the hack is when a reporter/customer creates a ticket then comments comes from his end while i need this to be comes from teams end. 

For example, you as a customer raise a ticket and from the other end (auto generated/comments or remarks) you will get a notification that your ticket has been addressed and will be taken care.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

Sorry @M but I don't quite get what you want to achieve with the emails. Jira has built in email notifications to customers and agents. Have you work with these in order to get what you want?

Manoj May 8, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ i didnt work with these to get what i want. since this completely a new assignment for me and i have been asked to make some changes in existing project. 

To be simplified what i need is, when a ticket created with issue type demand and priority is 1-Blocker then 1 email notification sent to DL (distribution list or TEAM DL)

and if the priority is 2-Critical and 3-Major/4-Minor/5-Trivial then reported just get notification of their ticket's taken care.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

@M I would suggest that you start reading the following:

In order to achieve what you want you have to work possibly with custom event and notifications, as well as with groups (your distribution list, which should contains all users who you want to notify).

Manoj May 9, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  i am able to achieve what i wanted barring email notification.

When issue raised by a customer with issue type demand and Priority (system field) is 1-Blocker. then an email should be trigger to our DL (email). this is what i am yet to achieve. 

Thanks for sharing above link, i will be reading these ones over night today.

Suggest an answer