is there a way to create pagination for jira subticket

Ahmad Abuhasna March 16, 2021

I have an environment that has a couple of tickets with more than 100 sub tickets and some of them near 1000 sub tickets which create a load on Jira, is there a way to create pagination to reduce the load like separating every 50 sub ticket in one page? or is there is another workaround solution that reduces the load on Jira when opening main tickets?

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

Hi Ahmad,

If I am understanding this properly, you have a Jira instance where people are using stories and tasks and then creating over 100 sub tasks for each of these issues?

I would recommend working with people there about how to use Jira as this sounds like some kind of misunderstanding. In theory they should at the very least also have Epics, but otherwise themes and initiatives. These latter issue types would need to be added to your jira by an admin.

However the way it should work is you have high level issues, potentially even on a company level (themes)...then you break those down into smaller department or team based project (initiative) then you break those down into a high level task (epic) which then breaks into smaller tasks that can be completed (stories or tasks) and then those stories and tasks are broken down into sub tasks.

This reading may help with getting started:https://www.atlassian.com/agile/project-management/epics-stories-themes

If I am not understanding properly though let me know.

If you only have Core and not software for Jira then you may want to put the themes and initiative in a separate project 

If you have Jira Software you can use boards and make things more easily viewable by end users and create filters for the board that limit how many issues are displayed

Best,

Clark

Suggest an answer