how to get custom field data from a cloned issue via script runner

mel vega February 8, 2016

Hi all,

I use Script runner and a scripted send custom email post function for source issue. I would need to get and be able to add in the email's body custom field values of the cloned issue. But I only find codes related to source.issue.

Is there a way to retrieve values of a cloned issue + JIRA References to send them from the parent issue ? I can't find how to define the link of a cloned issue via JQL. I tried "cloners" but it did not work.

Any ideas?

many thanks for your help

Melissa

2 answers

0 votes
mcomm June 23, 2021

@Vasiliy Zverev thank you ! :-)

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

You need to use IssueLinkManager. Here is a code exsample how to find that just one of it is closed

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink

Issue issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject("ZVER-1")
if(issue == null)
    return "no such issue"

for(IssueLink issueLink: ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())) {
    //if(issueLink.getId() == 34) //place issue link id here
    if(issueLink.getDestinationObject().getStatusObject().getName().equals("Closed"))
        return false
}
return true
mel vega February 9, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

As i'm pretty new to this I'm not really to understand where I have to paste this code. Do I have to create a script field to get this value or can I paste it in teh send custom email script ? I tried to do this and the email is not readable.

Just to be sure I'm looking for custom field values which are in issues that have been cloned

Thanks

mel vega February 9, 2016

Hi,

i found a pretty similar request as mine : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32985921 to which you answered @Vasiliy Zverev

I pasted the code in a script fiedl I created but I don't get any result. I replace the user value with Admin and the custom field ID. For my request, I would like to retrieve the following values from issues that have been linked (in my case, it will be issues which are cloned) to gather them into only one field :

- JIRA reference of cloned issues

- one custom field

image2016-2-9 14:49:3.png

Could you please help me build this script ?

Many many thanks in advance

Melissa

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Pay attention that there are outward and inward links. Are you sure that you use correct one?

Suggest an answer