how to get attachments events in the Jira webhook

sriharsha m August 5, 2021

hi team,

I have created jira webhook, but I couldn't see Attachments events check boxes .

Could you please help me to get that.

PFB screenshot : 

noAttachments.PNG

Please help me with this..

Regards

Sri

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hi,

There is no attachment event, but if you add/remove attachment it should trigger the issue updated event.

Did you try issue updated ?

sriharsha m August 10, 2021

@Mohamed Benziane  , 

Thanks a lot Mohamed.

We are trying using Integration Hub. From Jira -> Servicenow.

We have tried with Issue updated event for attachments sync. But whenever issue has been updated, automatically attachments are being added in Servicenow (  Duplicating attachments everytime).

Please help me with this..

Regards

Sri

Cheri Morris December 3, 2021

Hello Sri,

I am just now trying to solution this issue as well (duplicate attachments from Jira).  Did you find a solution? 

Thanks!

Cheri

Cheri Morris December 3, 2021

Sri,

Just wanted to update I fix this with an attachment look up in flow designer. Sharing if you or someone else still needs assistance.

After I parse the payload for attachments

Look Up Records action: condition is Attachment related record is ServiceNow record (previous look up with correlation ID) and Attachment file name is the Jira object attachment file name

If action: count = 0

Action: copy issue attachment to record

Like sriharsha m likes this
sriharsha m December 14, 2021

@Cheri Morris 

Thanks alot .... It's working !!!!!

Regards 

Sri..

Like Cheri Morris likes this
Sudhangshu Das March 29, 2023

Hi Sri,

I guess the issue you were facing is now fixed. But, we are facing another issue on our side.

Whenever we are updating a jira issue with an attachment, neither it's getting automatically attached on the ServiceNow side, nor we are receiving any attachment details in the payload when the issueUpdated webhook event is getting triggered.

Can you tell any reason why is it so?

Regards,

Sudhangshu

Suggest an answer