how do you bulk move closed issues

Jill Pass May 31, 2019

I need to bulk move some issues, but move says I don't have permission even though I am admin.

I think it is because some of the issues are closed, so how can I move those.

This is to be able to delete a user who has left, but has 386 issues so won't let me.

If I disable the user the licence is not made available.

We do need to keep the issues for historical purposes.

3 answers

0 votes
Jill Pass May 31, 2019

I'm not trying to decrease the bill, I have new users to add and not enough spare licences

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

When you revoke the site access from a user, you will also free one license.

Jill Pass May 31, 2019

How do I revoke a licence

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

Go to: Jira Settings -> User Management

and there you should see the table with users. After clicking three dots one of the options should be Revoke site access.

Screenshot from 2019-05-31 15-16-59.png

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2019

Hi @Jill Pass ,

you do not have to move issues in order to delete the user.

You can simply revoke the site access from the user management and that will decrease your bill.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2019

Sound advice, @Jakub Sławiński 

Deleting a user is almost never recommended; I can only think of one situation where I suggested it. 

-Scott

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Hi @Jill Pass ,

Your JQL may include issues from different projects. So, you need to have a "Move Issues" permission for each project in order to do a bulk move.

Could you please check the permission scheme of these projects? Than try it again.

• Project - >Project Settings -> Permissons -> Move Issues.

Regards

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2019

@Tansu Akdeniz Does she also need the "Browse Projects" and "Edit Issues" for those? I seem to remember that in order to move an issue you have to be able to see it and edit it, even through the bulk move operation.

-Scott

Jill Pass May 31, 2019

There are 386 issues, just for the first person I looked at so I cannot change permissions for each one individually. If I have to do that I might as well reassign whilst I in there.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

@Scott TheusActually she doesn't need those permissions. 

1- Because if she doesn't have "Browse Project" permission, she can't even search for those project issues in JQL. "You don't have move permission" error appears after you write your JQL and go to bulk section. At this stage, this is directly related with "Move Issues" permission.

2-You also don't need "Edit Issues". Because you will not edit any field, just move the issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/moving-an-issue-939937918.html

Suggest an answer