Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how can i import data from redmine with same hierarchy to jira

hierarchy is given below
  EPIC->Feature->User Story->Task/Testcase/BUG

i am facing issue while importing it's importing individual.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Jira only supports Issue -> Sub-task.  (Note that I'm using Jira-speak here - you can have many different names for the issue and sub-task types.  Almost all of us have an issue type called "story" at the issue level.  I'm talking about layers or levels here, not specific named types)

Jira Software enables  Epic -> Issue -> Sub-task

You can then add Advanced Roadmaps, Structure, Jira Align, Big-Picture and so-on to enable more layers, but you'll need to think about how to map them all.

Thanks @Nic,

I have some other question too..

1. If i want to import/migrate redmine "Description ,Comments, Attachments of  particular issue " to jira is possible?

2. How to import Bulk of users from redmine to jira at a time.

Yes, you can import fields from Redmine, as well as attachments.

There's no import of users directly, but you can tell Jira to create missing users from the issue data.  If, for example, you don't have Bob as a user in Jira, but your import data has Bob as a reporter, assignee, authoriser, participant etc, Jira can create an account for Bob.

Hi @Hema
I would like to add only a few words about BigPicture. As @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ mentioned in BigPicture/BigGantt, you can automatically create a no-limited number of WBS levels. Task Structure can be created based on both build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) as well as links.

Even though stories and tasks are on the same level in Jira, in BigPicture, you can create a hierarchy similar to the one between epic-story.image (88).png

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Like Kalos Bonasia likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

244 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you