automate movement on subtasks

Rodríguez Javi March 7, 2019

I work with two boards. One Epic/story-level where the PO move the tasks from "Idea", "Backlog", "Ready", "In Process", "Done", "Rejected", "MayBeForTheFuture".

And another board where I only show "Ready", "In Developement", "Reviewing", "Done", "Rejected".

Ready and Rejected are mapped to the same, and "in developement" and "reviewing" are maped to "In Process" in the first table.

All issues follow all the steps in the workflow (idea, BL, ready, in dev, review , done, rejected) 

What I need is a way to ensure that when the PO move an story from column to column, All the sub-tasks move with it. From Backlog to Ready or from Rejected to Future.

Also, when all sub-tasks move from review to done, I'd like to have the story in the PO board moving automatically from "In Progress" to "Done".

Is there a way to automate those things ?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hello Javier,

Thank you for raising this question.

JIRA Core does not have a functionality to automatically transition sub-task issues when its parent is transitioned, however, there are some add-ons that give you this feature.

I recommend you to try Automation lite for JIRA and configure automation rules like the example below:

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 15.40.33.png

This add-on has 300 free executions per month, so please let us know if it would meet your requirements or let us know if you would like to try other options.

Have a nice weekend!

Rodríguez Javi March 13, 2019

When I create the rule is says that the branch for sub-tasks is a PRO feature and will be dissabled in withing 30 days.. Not X executions per monht.. Could it be that they changed the free-method ? 

Suggest an answer