after upgrade Jira core 8.5.3 to 8.17.0 and failed to access all Insight (Plugin) related fi

Terence Ma July 11, 2021

After upgrade Jira core 8.5.3 to 8.17.0.

We found that there is an error message on JIRA and failed to access all Insight (Plugin) related fields and configuration.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Terence Ma 

What version was insights on and to what did you upgrade it? 

If the old version was before 8.4 you should take a look at this page. https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/latest/preparing-for-insight-version-8-4-36953678.html

Regards

Dave

Terence Ma July 11, 2021

the old version was 8.5.3, the database structure should be the same.

now, if I query the database, will that fix the problem?

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

You are talking about the version of Jira and not about the version of the plugin and i'm talking about the version of the plugin. 

They have different version numbers! (8.5.3 doesn't even exists for the plugin)

Terence Ma July 12, 2021

based on the time of old installation, the version could be 8.1.0.

I just fall back the upgrade, and the actual version is 8.3.4

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

In that case you should have performed what is writen in the documentation link i previously mentioned. 

i'm not sure if this will still work after the upgrade as the instructions mention you have to perform 1 query already before (and 1 after) the upgrade.

If you have a backup (install, and data folders + database), i would suggest to restore it first and restart

If you upgrade something, it is always a good idea to read the release notes first, this also includes the plugins, and make a backup before you actualy start the upgrade process. 

Terence Ma July 12, 2021

lucky I took a snapshot beforehand and I'm going to follow the instruction to see if this would work, thank for all your help.

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

No problem,

If it worked, please accept this answer so that if anyone is having the same problem knows this is the solution. 

Regards

Dave 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2021

Hello @Terence Ma,

Did you updated the Jira Plugin before the upgrade.

Or can you please check is there any Insight upgrade that is compatible with the 8.17.0 version.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212137/insight-asset-management/version-history 

Please check from the above link.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Terence Ma July 11, 2021

I did updated the Insight to the latest version which is 8.7.12 and is compatible with the 8.17.0. The problem now is the database is not connected to app, when I try to do reindexing it shows an error says "something went wrong, contact administrator"

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

Hello @Terence Ma ,

If you using old DB, you may face some errors.

Please check the below-supported software for 8.17.0. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0817/supported-platforms-1071815615.html 

If any upgrade is needed please check and test in the stage environment.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events