Workflow confusion.

Shawn Wallace May 19, 2021

I was recently given the task of finishing the build of a project. The project was half built when i started. The workflows of the project were already built but the project manager wanted to augment the some of the existing workflows with new statuses and deleting old statuses. I did just that... augment the existing workflows to specs and they look great. HOWEVER.....when a new ticket is created the workflow tab within the newly created ticket still has the statuses of the old workflow (before augmentation). What gives?? When i look up the workflows via the admin cog my newly created workflow with the new statuses appear. Why does the workflow tab within a newly created ticket have the old statuses??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi Shawn,

1. Publish the new workflow with the changes. Saving the changes is not enough - you have to click the Publish button.

2. After that check the board settings to see if the statuses are showing up there. If so, then you can map the new statuses to new or existing columns on your board. Then you should be good to go. 

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

Hey @Shawn Wallace ,

This could be a couple of things:

• Did you actually publish the workflow or just edit it? Then it could still be in draft.
  • Is the workflow linked to the same issue type that you are using?

Suggest an answer