Why classic project roadmap showing old start and due dates?

Narendra Kumar December 9, 2020

Hi Team,

We're using the classic jira project. In our epics we've two fields start date and due date.

Roadmap is using these two fields to represent. But when we updated these fields it's not reflected in the roadmap. 

It's showing the bar line for old start and due date. roadmap.PNG

Can you please let us know where we're missing to show the updated start and due dates in roadmap?

Let us know if you need any more info. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Narendra

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Narendra Kumar,

Just a couple of things you can validate:

• Make sure that you are absolutely sure that it is these start / due dates that are used to represent the roadmap dates in your plan (plan settings / schedule):

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 11.56.27.png 

• When you update dates in Jira, always refresh the screen in your plan to make sure the most recent data are (re)loaded.
  • If you have multiple scenarios, make sure that you are looking at the current scenario in your plan:

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.01.14.png

• If you update dates from the plan (that will not be what happened here, as that's rather the opposite scenario), don't forget to review and commit those changes to Jira.
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Wait a second; I was assuming that you were in Jira Cloud Premium and using the advanced roadmap. But from your comment here:

Just using default jira given roadmap. We're not able to go in your given path to check things. Let us know if you need any more info from our side. Thank you.

I understand that this is not the case and this is just the standard roadmap. In that case, my reply is not relevant. But you are 100% sure that the due date field on your screen shot is the built-in due date field that comes with Jira and not another due date field that was created by you(r Jira Administrator)?

In my test instance, Due date only has an initial capital letter for Due and not for date. That's different on your screen, so I'm guessing that's a different due date field:

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 16.19.12.png

Like Narendra Kumar likes this
Narendra Kumar December 15, 2020

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout  the difference was just "Due Date" and "Due date" fields. You're correct that roadmap is using the jira system "Due date" field. 

Thank you for your help!!

0 votes
Narendra Kumar December 9, 2020

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout  is your given points are for jira cloud instance?  Also, we're not using any extra add-on for roadmap. 

Just using default jira given roadmap. We're not able to go in your given path to check things. Let us know if you need any more info from our side. Thank you.

Suggest an answer