Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why are emails from a specific sender are not copying the description to the ticket. Edited

Hello, 

I have set up a project and have an email address that is used to create tickets. When I send an email from my personal account (gmail), the body of the email is copied to the description of the ticket (as expected). When I send it from my company email address, the same thing happens. When a user outside of our organization sends an email, the ticket is created properly and the description is copied over. However, when we receive an email from their support email address, the issue is created, but we only get "[Created via e-mail received from: ***** Support <support@*****.net>]"

1 answer

Hi @traxacctadmin,

You will need to look at the email content, sometime different email clients will insert different syntax into the email. Normally, we would not see the difference if we are using the email clients, but on the plain text mode, we will be able to see the differences.

You can use the steps in this doc to see the message source (text mode).

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

296 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you